Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Because, Charlie, she's a nitwit

I'm referring to myself this time. Not the almost text book specimen of a witchy poo below.

I'm going to a wedding in Tasmania in March and I made the stupid decision to book the tickets online, very late on Sunday night after a loooong day. You know what's coming don't you?

Yes, I booked for the wrong damn city, didn't I?

For some reason, even though the invitation has been magnetted (I think I just invented a word) to my fridge for the past month or so and explicitly says HOBART in two places, we are actually going to Launceston. By 'we' I mean myself and a very good chum who also happens to be one of the bridesmaids. All is not lost because:

1. My chum the bridesmaid is totally undestanding and has not made me feel even slightly bad for my nitwittedness.

2. We are arriving midday Friday - a whole 24 hours before the nuptials take place.

3. Launceston is only 2 hours away from Hobart so we can hire a car and be Thelma and Louise.

In fact, because of number 3, I reckon the lemonade we can make out of this lemon will be rather sweet. Neither of us has visited the Apple Isle before so my blunder has given us a chance to do a bit of travelling.

In other news, I might be going on the Power of 10 with Asa! He auditioned about a month ago and it looks like he's made the grade. I have to fill out a questionnaire as I'm going to be his 'support person'. Basically this means I'm the awkward (and I mean really awkward in this case) nervous head sitting in the crowd helping him deliberate on questions and probably lose him heaps of cash. No, I have to stay positive. Considering my stars specifically said I'd actually win money on a game show!

You might also want to go on a TV game show to try your luck. ...See if you can qualify as a contestant. I have watched those shows like "Deal or No Deal." People start doing well and then get greedy and figure they will win more money so they keep taking more risks. They wind up leaving with little or nothing. Be happy with less and leave some money on the table if necessary. You don't want to press your luck, just GET some luck!

How's that for totally FEREAKY!

24 days til D Day at the Women's Weekly and I actually think I'm going to make it.

No comments: