Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Years Moxies

Well, well, well...what do we 'ave 'ere then?

A new year, that's what!

I'm feeling quite jittery and weird right now having just purchased a DVD/HD recorder for 600 smackas. It's not a lot of money really but in our household it sneaks in as a 'big ticket item'*. Spending money gives me the heebie jeebies. Especially when it takes you to places like Harvey Norman where there are TVs that cost our total savings...what does this say? That we have a pittance in our bank account or that TV's are fucking stupidly expensive these days? Maybe a bit of both...

New Years resolutions! I've already started one which is this blog. I'm going to be more dedicated this year and maybe a bit more open about it too. There are a few people who vaguely know I am doing this but I'm much too embarrassed to let them know where to find me. This is a bit silly as one of the reasons I started this was so people would read it and then hopefully come back and read some more. I've been meaning to start this since getting into Dooce and Fussy. I'm sure there are some great Australian bloggers too but I haven't really come across any that I enjoy and relate to as much (funnily enough!) as my two best friends mentioned above**. Ok, I'll admit it. I am also intrigued that people (such as Heather from Dooce) seem to be making a very noice living out of this. I would like to do that. So, yes, I guess that makes Blogging (with the view to getting an audience - arghh scary!) as Resolution No. 1.

No. 2 Is to suss out this kinesology thing. I've got a couple of friends who swear by it. From what I hear it's about unblocking stuff (I'm sure they can do a much better job explaining it here) and I've got big hopes it will miraculously explode my writer's block in a spectacular fashion. Basically I want to be able to put the running commentary in my head down on paper...which leads quite neatly into Resolution No. 3...

...Write a novel! Yes! Yes! That short story I am supposedly doing for the Women's Weekly Short Story Competition (51 days to get it in and counting) is kind of a synopsis of the novel I want to write. Just an easy chick lit read but different and wonderful because I've written it with that elusive spark (once I get hold of it through kinesiology..yeah baby)

No. 4 Is to be more loving and attentive to my partner. I won't go into any deets at the moment. Just that I need to get the ol' fires twinkling again.

No. 5 Write down and record the funny things Pascal says. He still has his baby voice and baby way of saying things and I know I will miss it very much when he is an overacting attention seeking five year old.***

No. 6 Become more open to opportunity. Stop feeling like I've left everything too late goddamit! Feel inspired.

No. 7 Get fit and a hot bod in the process.

No. 7 Write something.......


....EVERY DAY!

* Apologies for using such a wanky Harvey Normanesque turn of phrase
** I am kidding. I am not best friends with Heather and Eden. They do not know I exist.
*** I will still love him desperately!

No comments: