Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Entertaining a three year old does yer 'ead in

Oh, yes indeedy...

Today at breakfast.

P: Mummy?

Actually for some reason, even though we are Australian, Pascal says "Mommy", so lets start that again...

P: Mommy?

Me: Yes Pascal.

P: Mom?

Me: Yes, what is it?

P: Moooommmmy!

Shows me a sinister little parcel of chewed up raisin toast.

Me: Mmm, that looks good.

P: MOM! MOMMY!!!!

Me: Yes what is it Pascal.

P: What happened?

Me: I don't know. You tell me what happened.

P: What happened?

Me: Turning back to my paper.
I didn't see, how about you tell me what happened.

Pascal puts both hands on either side of my face and gently but firmly turns it so I am looking directly into his eyes.

P: Mommy...what happened?

Pascal, Oh master of repetative questioning, you and only you can tell me what happened.

No comments: